So for those of you who are just dying to know what my typical process for writing blog posts is, here ya go...
The Blog Process
- I get ideas for blog posts all day long. From cable news playing in the background. From newspaper articles. From movies or TV shows that I've recently seen. From other blogs or articles I've happened upon during the day. My muse comes from all over the place.
- Unfortunately, I'm extremely lazy and I forget 99% of those ideas when the time comes for me to actually sit down and write a post. The 1% that I do actually remember are usually the lamest of the bunch. That's what I blog about. The lamest 1% of what actually interests me in a given day. That's how much I adore you all.
- I like to sit down with the laptop and write my blog post each night after Gia goes to bed. Usually anywhere from 9:30PM - 11:30PM. I don't like to spend a lot of time on them, so I usually give myself an average of 10-15 minutes to write up a post. Some take a lot longer if there are tons of links and shit, and some take only a few seconds. But generally each post takes around 10-15 minutes.
- I like to post once a day except on the weekends. That doesn't mean that I won't post on the weekends, it's just that I don't sit down and plan on it. If something tickles my funny bone or my horny bone, I may write a quick post about it. But I've found that I don't read other blogs as often on the weekends and I suspect the same from many of you out there. Too busy having a life and all, I guess.
- I like to schedule my posts for 12:01AM each day. So if I sit down at 10PM to write a post, it will "drop" at exactly 12:01AM the next day. Why 12:01AM instead of 12:00AM? Because when I first started scheduling posts a while back, I couldn't decide if 12:00AM was Midnight or Noon. Yeah.
PS - I deleted my "blog followers" chotchkie over there in my sidebar. I found it was causing a delay in my blog loading properly every time I came to the site. Only 5 seconds or so, but I'm very impatient. Anyone else noticing this?
PPS - Never mind. That widget wasn't causing the delays. The page loads quickly in IE, but a lot less quickly in Firefox for some reason. Hmmm.