- I like that it is the only season that is referred two by two different names. Seems whimsical to me.
- I enjoy sleeping under a blanket with the windows open. Two things that don't really go well together during Long Island's hot and humid Summer months.
- Fall festivals. I can't get enough of them. The NYC area has a bunch of oyster festivals that began this past weekend and continue through the middle of October. I don't even really like oysters, but I do love me a festival. Harvest festivals come in a close second.
- Oktoberfest. I love me some good German food and some even better German beer. Oktoberfest usually runs through the end of September and into the beginning of October. Great excuse to get your oompah on.
- Layers. As much as I love popping on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt in the Summer for sheer convenience sakes, I also love the layering options in the Fall and Winter. A t-shirt, a sweater, maybe a fleece or a vest. Because on any given Fall day you have no idea what the weather is gonna be like. Layering gives you many options.
- Football. I'm a baseball guy through and through, but I love me some football on the weekends. The Fighting Irish on Saturdays (fuck you, Michigan!) and the entire NFL on Sundays. Either sitting at home with a bowl of chips or at the sports bar with the rest of the maniacs...football is comforting.
- Chili. While it may be the most perfect food invented for any time of the year, a nice steaming pot of chili on a crisp Autumn day is a wonderful thing. Think I'm gonna make me some pretty soon. It's like a ritual to me. The recipe was passed down to me from my father and I'll get to pass it down to...well, my nephews I guess. Or the cats. They dig chili also.
- Halloween. And everything associated with it. Carving jack o' lanterns, watching scary movies, dressing up in women's clothing. Wait, what? Anyway, I'm gonna be down in Charleston SC this year for Halloween. I'm hoping for a slight chill in the air and maybe a ghost story or two. Mwu-ha-ha-ha!!!
Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. I really don't enjoy dressing up in women's clothing. Not really.
I couldn't agree with you more. I LOVE Autumn!!! Also: bonfires and beer.
Autumn rocks until mid/late November when the void know as winter starts to rear its head.
you didnt just REALLY say "layering options", did you?
my god, man...
Sybil - bonfires and beer. Nice!
Uncool - We generally don't get much winter weather here until December, so November works for me.
Slyde - I like to sprinkle in at least one gay reference in my posts just to give you something to comment about. You never disappoint.
Autumn is my favorite season and I cannot wait to live somewhere where I can actually see the leaves change again.
I'm especially fond of late October/early November and all the stuff that goes with it.
Hilly - yeah, enjoy your 11 months of summer down there in Florida. Right? ;)
September/October are okayish. Then comes four complete bag o' shite months. The thought of their imminent arrival quite spoils September and October.
So that would be a thumbs down for autumn :(
Wabbit - For me, it's only January and February that suck. I like Winter in December (ho ho ho and all that shit), and March is usually very nice here.
I have heard of this thing called "Autumn" that occurs outside of my land which only has "hot" and "wet." Florida, Earl, I live in Florida, not a porno.
Faiqa - Too many fluids flying around in a porno to be comfortable living there. And Floridians? I feel for your boring weather existence.
fall is my favorite season! so glad to see it appreciated by others.
i've already had a couple of bonfires and they do so make me happy. football, thanksgiving, cool nights, less bugs, halloween, changing leaves, sweatshirts with shorts...it all makes me happy. it is crazy how happy fall makes me. wheeeeee!
WAIT! did i read that correctly? are you and gia not gonna be at adam's party? say it ain't so!
Becky - Unfortunately, no. We are flying into Charleston the day of the party and the Orlando area is a tad too far for a quick pop-in. :(
my favorite season! BTW, don't beat up on Michigan, beat up on the IRISH. Tooled by a freshman QB, and its gonna happen again when they play USC. Might be Charlies last year. (and I like ND)
Even though Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I prefer winter. In Florida, that is.
2abes - oh, I throw plenty of blame at ND. Too many mistakes in that first half. Re-donk.
Avitable - the Floridians are killing my buzz today.
I love the double-named season because you get to experience new things. For example, you may find yourself at, "The End." The scene is way more laid back than it would have been even a few days prior, and you may ask yourself, "How did I get here?" But the best part is that you're with friends, so everything is cool. Same as it ever was.
Doggie - The Doors? Talking Heads? I'm confused.
What if Jim Morrison was in Talking Heads? What if David Byrne was in the Doors? Guess I should get off my knees, cos I just blew your fuckin' mind!
Football is king - peewee, high school, college and NFL. Bonfires and chili rock. What's not to love?
Autumn here is breathtaking, we're completely surrounded by trees. It's one of the big reasons I came back here, for one walk in particular.
Doggie - consider it blown.
Nanna - I gotta rock the bonfire this year.
badger - one specific walk, or one specific route?
i love fall... i love the smell, the sights, the sounds, the sweaters, the colours, the coziness... the warm socks, the hats and scarves...
i have fall leaves tattooed on my right wrist.
i love the smell of carved pumpkins, even more so i love the smell of burning pumpkin from candles lit in jack o'lanterns.
i got married in the fall
I wish fall lasted longer.
Post a Comment