I'm not really a stay-at-home Dad, even though I play one on TV.
We have cats instead of kids, for one thing. And I do have a semi-regular job, but one that allows me to work from home most days. But today really felt like a domestic Daddy day. Check it out:
- Got up around 6-ish to finish up some work before seeing a client at their office today.
- Fed the cats. Shut up.
- Cleaned out the fridge as the leftovers in there were beginning to mutate into intelligent beings.
- Took the garbage, including the mutated leftovers, out to the curb on my way to see my client.
- Spent three hours or so in the office. Sheesh...how do you people do it?
- Dropped off some of Gia's prescriptions at the pharmacist.
- Did a small grocery shopping. Needed some half & half.
- Picked up the filled prescriptions from the pharmacist.
- Did another 3-4 hours of work at home.
- Dyed Gia's roots for her. I did it once about a year ago and she loved how it came out so I've been doing it ever since. Once again...shut up!
- Cooked dinner for the two of us. OK, it was basically heating up sauce and meatballs purchased from the Italian Pork Store around the corner, but I did cook the pasta. Shut up!
- Did a load of laundry and folded another two loads.
- Collapsed on the couch to spit out this here nonsense on this here blog.
I'd be a good stay-at-home Dad.
If I could stomach kids, that is.
Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. I did manage to fit in the Yankee game, though. I need a little "me" time.
You did more in a day than I do in a WEEK.
I would love it if you were my daddy. WHOA...that sounded better in my head. As you would say, "SHUT UP!"
Heff - yeah, but I get to sleep in tomorrow and work in my jammies.
Doggie - It sounded better in your head? Dude, you got a gay head. Too soon?
you did what now?
dyed Gia's roots?
Wait now, you did what?
dyed. Gia's. roots.
oh man. seriously. i'm just dying with giggles and i even did a spit take with my rum and coke.
yeah see, dying Gia's roots puts a big ole question mark over your sexuality.
you go girlfriend!
If you think my head is gay you should see my _________.
Italian Pork Store... I was gonnae skip breakfast this morning, damn you Mr Earl!
I'm impressed with your multi-tasking skills.
I love my two days a week working at home, they almost make up for the 14 hour days when I am in London. And I get to do the domestic stuff in between work too. Marvellous.
earl the hair stylest...who knew...do you play up the role? improvise a lisp and all?..and going rachael rae on us....wow
Holly - Hey, she asked. I obliged. In a very manly fashion.
Doggie - Dog! Is the correct answer "dog"?
Jimmy - It's the most important meal of the day!
LBTW - I did my time with 14-hour days a while ago. I'm so done with that.
2abes - I'm quite the Renaissance Earl.
also wow you did a lot in one day
i have to color my roots, go to the store and the dr next week
I am guessing only one will get done
and I'm not working this week
That Gia is one lucky gal.
You're awesome dude.
You do what on TV? Uh?
Rachel - ah, relax! Being off work is reward enough.
Candy - Tell me about it. No, wait! Tell GIA about it. ;)
Kate - Shucks! :)
badger - try not to be so literal. ;)
You have an Italian pork store? You mean, all they sell is pork?
Whew! That was a lot! Gia is a luck,y lucky woman. :)But I am glad you got some "me" time.
Steph - Ha! No, but for some reason a lot of Italian food specialty stores in the NY-area are called Italian Pork stores. It's gotta be the sauseege!
Sybil - It wasn't so bad, but yes...she is lucky!
how do you and gia feel about me marrying you both?
Becky - If you think you can support the both of us, then by all means. ;)
Well, for sure, you'd make a hell of a stay at home mom.
Post a Comment