Jun 29, 2010

Ice is back with a brand new mission

Probably the dumbest "drinking game" I've ever heard of is this Bros Icing Bros stupidity that all over the place these days. Mind you, I've never heard of anyone I know getting iced. Probably because I would immediately have to kill them and spend the rest of my life in jail. The "bro" crowd is clearly not my social circle.

For the uninitiated, here's a quick rundown. At any time and any place, one of your "bros" can present you with a Smirnoff Ice. The warmer and more disgusting flavor, the better. Then you have to take a knee and chug the offending swill. BUT...if you happen to have your own Smirnoff Ice on your person, then you can counter the "icing", and your "bro" has to take the knee and chug BOTH disgusting malt beverages.

I can't even begin to tell you how quickly I would de-friend a person if they ever tried to "ice" me. Or call me "bro". Thankfully, it looks like this particular viral drinking game is dying a quick death if you read that first link up there. I would have preferred that it went away before I ever heard about it.  Because it just makes hate people even more than I already do.

But I think Daniel Tosh (who is brilliant, by the way) sums it all up best.


___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. Don't ice me, bro.

13 comments:

That Hank said...

That's just a weird, brand-specific take on challenge coins.

Verdant Earl said...

Hank - never heard of challenge coins either. Gonna have to look that up and avoid it at all costs. ;)

i am the diva said...

i had never heard of icing before this post... the idea is kinda funny... but the video is WAY funnier!

That Hank said...

BE: challenge coins are a military thing, so you're off the hook.

Verdant Earl said...

Diva - Yeah, I think icing is now passe. Thankfully.

Hank - I took a couple of ROTC courses in college. Does that count? (No need to answer that)

That Hank said...

Well, that's closer to military service than I ever came, so sure.

Verdant Earl said...

Hank - There was a time when I really considered it. Our local Navy recruiter worked overtime to get me to sign up when I was in High School. At the last minute I opted for college. And even then...ROTC and a weird internship (brief) with the Army. Because of the latter I even had dog tags and an official Armed Forces ID. I just could never commit.

sybil law said...

That is super fucking stupid. What kind of douchenozzle comes up with that?!!

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - I think it was Chad Douchenozzle, actually. Never had a chance with a name like that.

Heff said...

"Zima, the drink of TRUE men".

Verdant Earl said...

Heff - Clearly. An ex of mine used to drink that crap, so I always made sure I had a sixer of it in the fridge. Because I like my women slightly drunk. They like me better when they are that way too. ;)

Kevin Spencer said...

Bros icing bros? Ah what it must be like. A complete douche at age 21.

Verdant Earl said...

Kevin - Right? Took me much longer to mature into the complete douche I am now. :)