Jun 15, 2010

The Zombie Code

Clicken ze biggen
Well, I've always heard that the Zombie Apocalypse was inevitable.  I just didn't think it was gonna be first reported on Newsweek.com.  Go on...check it out.  I'll be right here.

What?  You clicked on that link and you got some different headlines?  No zombies?

Oh yeah, I forgot.  You have to enter the Konami Code to get the secret story page.  That would be Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Enter.  Huh?  Yeah...looks like video game geeks are taking over website design pages and leaving little Easter Eggs.  Seems like a natural progression.  And it's not just Newsweek.  Marvel.com has, um, something that can be accessed thru the Konami Code as well.

UPDATE: It's not working on Newsweek's site anymore.  Heh heh.  But look...I caught a screen grab of it for you up there! - Earl

Well, it looks like we once again have to put off the inevitable.  I'm thankful.  I wasn't quite ready for it.  Still building up my anti-zombie fortifications.  I need some time.  It's gonna be awesome when I'm done.

PS - Saw this on io9 today.  So a hearty round of applesauce goes out to them. 
___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. Gamers are running the world!

11 comments:

Mrs. Hall said...

it's a nice start of the day, listening to Milla J.

;)

Avitable said...

Newsweek's didn't work for me, but the Deadpool Lemur or whatever did on Marvel. I love that geeks rule the world surreptitiously.

Slyde said...

Today zombies...

yesterday feet...

you've covered your 2 favorite topics in the last 2 days..

Verdant Earl said...

Holly - ???

Avitable - Yeah, it was like a gopher or prairie dog or something. Looks like they disabled it on Newsweek's page. I updated the post to mention that. But I the pic up top is a screen grab I, er, grabbed from it.

Slyde - It's amazing how much you try to hoist your own oddities onto my back. Listen, I've got fetishes of my own, pal. I don't need your zombie/foot craziness in my life. That begs a question? Are undead feet (in hot shoes, of course) the sexiest of them all? In your opinion, that is...

Heff said...

Hey, at least it's not Vampires. I'm getting sick of those fuckers taking over the big screen and television !

i am the diva said...

zombies!!!!

This one time friends of mine made me sit through about 6 different zombie movies in one sitting... then i was driving home in the middle of the night and i thought to myself: "What if zombies really DO attack??" then i figured that as long as i had a boom box playing Katrina and the Waves' "walking on the sunshine" i wouldn't be scared and could kick some zombie ass... cuz who doesn't just want to dance when they hear that song?

Verdant Earl said...

Heff - I want a return to the nasty, kill-your-whole-family variety of vampires. John Carpenter, can ya help a brother out?

Diva - I'm immediately adding Katrina & The Waves to my anti-zombie fortification list. Thanks! ;)

sybil law said...

I was so ready to get my flame thrower and all- glad I checked first! Damn! Way to get me all psyched up, Earl.

Water Logged Canine said...

BRAINS!

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - Flame thrower? Pshaw! All you get then is a zombie who will still come after you AND burn you in the process. Sure, they will eventually stop, but you are gonna wanna go after the brain. A crowbar, shotgun, axe or solid baseball bat should do the trick.

Doggie - Best. Picture. YET!!! Holy crap, that's nasty!

Bruce Johnson said...

This all brings into question, what is reality. How do we know that the Zombie headline isn't true and the real headline isn't fake? Hmmm, shades of the Matrix here.

All I know is, i would love to be able to learn how to do with the Arizona Supreme Courts website....(I am one of the page keepers....hehehehehe....maybe on my last day on the job.)