Jun 25, 2010

A little link love


In proud lazy blogger tradition, I'm gonna continue with my trend this week of pointing you elsewhere in the bloggy world. Because clearly I got nuthin' going on.  And hey, a little link love is always a nice thing to do. Don't you agree?

  • The Bronx Banter Blog is a truly wonderful place.  Not only devoted to bringing us news, analysis and fun stuff about the NY Yankees, the kids over there also spend a great deal of time posting about movies, comic-books, food and drink.  These are a few of my favorite things (please sing that like Julie Andrews - Earl).  All week long, they've been talking about Stanley Kubrick films and yesterday they talked about one of my favorites.  The ShiningCheck it out.
  • Stacie Ponder over at Final Girl is a good egg.  If only because she realizes that she's not nearly as cool as some of the cooler characters in Horror film history.  Well, she she said that they were "way cooler".  I upped it to "not nearly as cool".  I just like when she blogs about Adrienne Barbeau.  It makes me feel good...in my pants!
  • Murph (I guess that's his name) over at MurphGuide just introduced me to my new favorite band.  A local group called Midnight Mob.  Their roots are firmly planted in my youth.  A little Aerosmith, a little Joan Jett/The Runaways, a little T-Rex and a whole lot of Guns & Roses.  Plus a super-cute busty brunette named Blackey belting out the tunes.  I'm old enough to be her father, but daddy likes!
  • RW threw down the gauntlet earlier this week.  A challenge for his readers to either affirm or deny that the American experiment has failed.  A little more heady than my usual blog fodder, but he's much smarter than me.  Than I.  See?  I don't even know no good grammar!
  • Hank continues to both amuse me and freak me out with his blog of found pictures on the Internet, I've had dreams like that.  I could pretty much link to any of the pictures he posts, but here's one that I found particularly fun.  Dance, baby, dance!  Note: Some of the stuff is NSFW, so he put a content warning on there.
  • Erin O'Brien likes to walk around Cleveland and take pictures of the shit sitting on the side of the road.  She also is a big fan of the word 'craptastic'. While walking around the other day, she found the mother lode.  A bunch of boxes sitting in someone's garbage filled with vintage magazines and the like.  All I ever see on the (very rare) occasions I go walking around town is goose shit.  That crap is everywhere!  Hehehe.
That's all I got.  Enjoy your weekends everyone!
___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. It's freakin' hot out!

10 comments:

That Hank said...

Thanks for the link love, man. Seriously, that image blog has become a hell of a hobby, and you should see all the stuff I don't post!

Slyde said...

ive seen you dance just like that...

Heff said...

Adrienne Barbeau. Now you're speaking my language, brotha !

Verdant Earl said...

Hank - I can imagine.

Slyde - Huh? Dance like how?

Heff - Yeaaaaah, boy!

sybil law said...

I really don't get the fascination with Adrienne Barbeau. Guess that's why I am not a man!

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - Two words: Boobs. Wait..that was only one word. Oh, here goes: Epic boobs. ;)

white rabbit said...

That's a bit long for a lazy blogger offering.

That must make you a failed slacker!

Verdant Earl said...

Wabbit - Well, they (the linked) did all the heavy lifting.

Erin O'Brien said...

Thanks for the shout!

Kate said...

That's a fun bunch o' bloggers you're hanging with! I enjoyed them all.