Apr 6, 2011

Daddy wants...

image courtesy of bourbonblog.com


Devil's Cut from Jim Beam is the first whiskey to use advanced extraction processes to get to the liquid that gets absorbed into the oak cask during the aging process after the barrel is emptied.  Then they blend that with some aged 6-year bourbon for the final product.  The name is a play on the phrase "Angel's Share"*, which is the portion of the barrel of either wine or distilled spirit that evaporates during the aging process.  Perhaps a sip or two for the angel who is watching over the barrel, eh?


Well, the Devil takes his cut too.  And now I want it back!


Check the review by Tom Fischer over at BourbonBlog.com for some of the cool detes.

*Angel's Share also happens to be one of my favorite bars in NYC.

10 comments:

hello haha narf said...

how did i not know of this yet?
must find some.
MUST!

Slyde said...

i prefer a shirley temple....

Water Logged Canine said...

When? Where? I like my bourbons and my Latinas...FIERY! And my crotches...such a sucker for ye ol' Irish downstairs.

Verdant Earl said...

Becky - According to the press release, it will be available in PA in May so you may want to check with your liquor guy/gal to make sure they order it. It won't be available here in NY until the summer. :(

Slyde - I always thought of you as a Toasted Almond Guy. "Hey...Toasted Almond Guy!"

Doggie - My Irish downstairs? ::blushing::

Unknown said...

Oh JB, you were the first drink I ever snuck while babysitting as a teen.

You've never let me down. You're my go-to guy.

I must try this.

Verdant Earl said...

Annabelle - that's impressive. I didn't become a Beam drinking until my late 30's. Whiskey was bad news to me when I was a kid. Foolish child that I was.

sybil law said...

YUM.

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - indeed.

marty mankins said...

While I prefer a Crown on the rocks, I have the occasional Beam and water on the rocks when I go out. I may have to look for this Devil's Cut next time to see how it is.

Verdant Earl said...

Marty - Wait, you water your Beam down with water AND ice? Sacrilege! ;)