- I've been listening to a lot of podcasts while I work lately. And the big ones all seem to have the same kind of advertising. Fleshlight (a jackoff device), Adam & Eve (an online adult store), Ashley Madison (a social networking site for hookers and guys who want to cheat on their wives). Stuff like that. Has anyone else noticed the same thing, or is it more a reflection of the crap I'm subscribing to? Probably the latter.
- MLB.TV is my favorite toy. Last night, my radio show co-host The Colonel shot me a text telling me to check the SF Giants game where Tim Lincecum was pitching a no-hitter. So I did, and he promptly lost it after a couple of minutes. Then he texted me to watch the replays on Sportscenter of the Reds game because Aroldis Chapman threw a pitch at 106mph. But I didn't have to wait. MLB.TV, which I watch through my Roku box on the television, allows me to jump to a specific inning. So I did...and it was glorious. I don't trust the radar gun in Cincy, but damn that kid throws hard.
- I've been reading some of the Jack Reacher books from Lee Child, and enjoying them...in a brain-dead kinda way. They aren't high art, I'll tell you that. But they are entertaining. In the mold of Clive Cussler writing about Dirk Pitt back in the day. Every novel has the same basic outline, but that's okay. Sometimes that's what you need. Just basic, fun entertainment.
- Saw "The Other Guys" and "Due Date" on back-to-back nights last week, and I don't know which one we laughed at more. I had already seen "The Other Guys", but it had just become available on Netflix Instant and Gia hadn't seen it yet. I honestly liked it more the second time around. And "Due Date" was brilliant in a "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" kinda way. Robert Downey Jr. is some actor. I highly recommend both if you are in the mood for a laugh.
- In yesterday's post, I neglected to mention Brian Wilson of the SF Giants. Which is weird, because he was the inspiration of the post. He is, after all, The Humungus of the Goofy Wasteland.
- I really don't know what is going on over on Twitter most every day. Yesterday, "crusty eye syndrome" was trending. I don't know what that is, nor do I want to look it up. Sometimes I feel like the old guy who doesn't get it when I'm on there. "Get off my lawn!"
- Speaking of Twitter, Dave2 tweeted (I hate that term) that he had eaten an entire bag of Chili-Cheese Fritos and he was just waiting for the inevitable Chili-Cheese farts. Or something like that. I was just pissed that Chili-Cheese Fritos weren't available in my area. EXCEPT THEY ARE!!! I just checked online and it looks like 7-11 is now selling them. #bigfuckingwin
- Now excuse me while I make a 7-11 run.
Apr 19, 2011
Not actual shit, although I am feeling a certain something coming on. Now that I think of it. Nope, just some random thoughts jotted down during the day. Otherwise known in the business as a "bullet post". Yeah.
Pissed in the corner by Verdant Earl at 12:01 AM
Labels: lazy blogger
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, but Chili-Cheese Fritos were no compensation for having to miss your live podcast again this week. Sundays are my nights to get caught up so I am ready to go on Monday, and it seems I'm running later and later now-a-days. :-(
BTW, if you have any sour cream laying around, Chili-Cheese Fritos taste amazing when dipped in it...
I'm not big on comic book movies but Robert Downey Jr is the only reason I watched either Iron Man.
he's just a damn great actor.
i dont like fritos.
doritos or potato chips for teh win...
Dave2 - No worries. You can always listen in later on iTunes? Yeah...I know, more fun live in the chatroom.
Beach Bum - Especially the first one. I didn't really like the sequel, but he was still good in it.
Slyde - You wouldn't make an exception for Chili-Cheese?
Ew ew ew. I especially don't like Chili Cheese Fritos. But I'm glad you have them! :)
Why don't you trust the radar gun?
Sybil - Because all of his really outstanding pitch numbers have come at home, and it's no secret that some ballparks tweak their radar guns to make their guys seem more impressive than they really are.
Too be honest, I'm as drunk as feck and I vaguely remember how warm and comfortable I feel in here, do yis mind if I crash here for a wee while?
Jimmy - The door, she's always open. I'm trying to be a good boy with the drinking during the week, otherwise I would join you for one or twelve.
i really liked The Other Guys and can't wait to see Due Date... i love Robert Downey Jr and always laugh at Zach Galificantspellit
Diva - Just watching Downey Jr's face is an amazing thing. He is such a good actor.
I have been known to eat a bag of Chili Cheese Fritos in a sitting. No real bad after effects except that I want more.
Post a Comment