Anyway, here are some of my favorite baseball sites for anyone that cares:
- Baseball Reference - Probably the most useful site on the Web for baseball statistics and analysis. Wanna know what happened in the bottom of the 7th in the 3rd game of the 1994 World Series? Ha. Trick question. There was no World Series in 1994. But if there was, you could find out about it here.
- The LoHud Yankees Blog - LoHud refers to the Lower Hudson Valley here in New York State. This blog, by Peter Abraham, probably will only interest the Yankee fans out there. You mean you aren't Yankee fans? Fuckers!
- Joe Posnanski - I mentioned this one the other day. Great writer! And he likes to mix in a whole range of topics to go along with the baseball stuff. Just a great site.
- Bugs & Cranks - I've got a problem with one of the writers on this site, but generally it is a nice, light-hearted look at the world of baseball from a whole gaggle of different viewpoint. Oh, and that writer that I dislike? He emailed me an RSS feed that includes everything on the B&C site except for the stuff he writes. I thought that was decent of him. I still won't read his crap though.
- MLB Trade Rumors - Exactly what the title says, and more! This site kept my baseball soul alive during the off season.
- Sweet Spot - Senior baseball writer for ESPN.com, Rob Neyer now has a blog of his own on the site. I've been reading Neyer for just about as long as he has been on ESPN. Always great stuff.
Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. All the Hall of Famers are doing it.