Mar 31, 2009

Hey, have I mentioned...

...that I also contribute to a movie review blog?

Of course I have. Numerous times. The link is right up there on a tab above my header pic, fer crissakes! But what I haven't mentioned (I think) is that we have invited a handful of special bloggers to join us in making fun of bad cinema.

Why just this past weekend our resident expectant mother, Faiqa, graced us with her review of Twilight. Please don't stone her. In. The. Gap. And before that ajooja, er...I mean Seals gave us his thoughts on Watchmen. He didn't really bash it. Actually he liked it. A great review nonetheless.

In between there was a review of Zatoichi by badgerdaddy (no link provided) and reviews by yours truly for the remakes of Black Christmas and Prom Night. I'm particularly proud of the that Prom Night review even though no one really read it. I thought it was kinda funny. But, then again, I think midgets and children falling down are both side-splitting*. So take that with a grain of rock salt.

Oh yeah, Slyde still claims to be a part of the fun. But he hasn't submitted a review since January. Of 2008! So he basically isn't trying at all. Go make fun of him for that if you please.

And we may have a few more writers in the coming months. A certain dude who smells like a wet dog just told me the other day that he has a review for the old Grenade. Just waiting for him to write that shit down on some form of digital medium.

So you have that to look forward to. Which is nice.


*As I was typing this I thought of a midget child falling down and I almost peed myself. Gotta go check Youtube to see if I can find anything like that.

______________________________________________________

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. All the smartest kids are doing it.

9 comments:

Avitable said...

I don't think I've seen any bad movies yet, but as soon as I do, I will review one for you too!

2abes said...

Slyde's movie reviews are like solar eclipses or viewing Haileys comet, if it happened everyday it wouldn't be special. On the flip side he recommended "In Bruges", albeit, probably prompted to see it himself by you, but none the less a very entertaining movie. Especially, the Disney style happy ending.

Verdant Earl said...

Avitable - No big rush.

2abes - In Bruges was probably my favorite film from last year. And yeah...it came to him highly recommended from me.

Heff said...

I ALWAYS forget to check that site.

Slyde said...

yes, i have been remiss lately..

but on a high note, i just got done seeing 10,000 BC so i feel some vitrol comming from me soon...

Verdant Earl said...

Heff - that's why I'm here. To remind you of the important shit.

Slyde - I'm holding you to that.

Barlinnie said...

"A man who smells like a wet dog.."

An interesting choice of phrase Mr Green. One for the memory bank.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I'll have to check out the movie blog!
and thanks for the permission to give Slyde a ration of crap for being a slacker:)

Verdant Earl said...

Jimmy - There is a story behind it. Alas, it isn't my story so you'll have to keep wondering. Sorry.

Candy - He likes it hard. That's what she said! What?