Mar 5, 2009

500 is the new 300


Possibly the worst attempt at editing a movie poster ever. It kinda looks like a 500. Doesn't it? Damn!- Earl

500 posts.

Seems like a lot. To me, anyway. And I couldn't even think of something original and/or fun to do with this shit. I'm feeling a bit lame this week for several reasons. None of which are important enough to mention here. Mostly just a bit under the weather, I think.

So how about a little trip down memory lane then?
  • It all started with a review of Wedding Crashers in another place and another time. Slyde's blog, to be specific. August of 2005 to be even more specific. And it was much better than the hastily-written crap on MovieGrenade, I tell you. I really used to take a long time writing each one of these posts. Now? Not so much. This post will be a good example of that.
  • 30 posts and about a year later, I started my own blog. That post wasn't a deeply thought out one, I see. I just noticed a spelling error on the 7th word there. Sigh. Probably didn't notice the spell check option yet on the Blogger Edit box. What a noob!
  • I mentioned my Sarah Jessica Parker moment, and I wasn't even embarrassed by it. Somehow lost in that story was getting to meet Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft. Clearly a highlight of my life.
  • I bought condoms.
  • I posted six weird things about myself. But, of course, I only posted 5 things. Weird, huh?
  • I famously pissed in the corner of a hotel room.
  • I saw the best concert ever! All the more special because I saw it with Gia. The whole night was magical.
  • I reached into the way-back machine and pulled out something really old that I had written to amuse a couple of friends of mine. I still cringe when I read it.
  • I started reviewing bad movies with a couple of bloggy friends.
  • I wrote about how my sister often tried to kill me when we were kids. I still keep a close on her.
  • I finally settled the eternal debate. Michael Myers vs. Jason Vorhees. Looking back I see that I really didn't settle anything. Oh well.
  • I tried to embarrass Gia, but it didn't work. She loves that stuffed animal!
  • I introduced the world (well, a small part of it) to the great, long, red-legged Scissorman. You can thank me later for the nightmares.
  • I wipe my ass standing up. Why? How do you do it? You remain seated and you lean forward? Freak!
  • I kinda outed Billy Squier as a gay man. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But dude...daisy dukes? C'mon!
  • I gave my thoughts on uber-blogger Heather Armstrong. That was almost a year ago and I haven't popped into her site since. Eww! That sounds dirty! Well, so does "Dooce".
  • I wrote about how I believe Spike Lee to be a racist. And judging from the traffic directed to my blog from search engines, a lot of folks feel the same way.
  • I wrote about 10 embarrassing moments in my life. And I can't believe that I'm linking them again here. Doh!
  • I posted a picture of myself. Well, kinda.
  • "I do not like thee, Dr. Fell. The reason why I cannot tell. But this I know, and know full well. I do not like thee, Dr. Fell"
  • I found about a movie script that is apparently killing people. My God, man! When will it end?
  • I started a beer review blog that I randomly update. It's about beer, duh!
  • I hate Superman. That's right! Sorry, Avitable.
And, well...you get the idea. Lots of other stuff that is too recent to reference right now.

So here's to the next 500 posts. Maybe by then I will find something actually interesting to write about.

But I doubt it.

_________________________________________________________

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. All the lamest kids in the world are doing it. Don't you wanna be one of the lame kids?

29 comments:

Mrs. Hall said...

I stayed up for this man!!

WEE HEE!! PARTY ON MAN!!!

Congrats and um holy shit you don't look like ANYthing like um, the earl picture in my head, weird or is it wierd?


ok will follow the rest of the hyperlinks and such tomorrow.

glad to have you in my bloggerhood

:)

yawn!!

to bed with me!!

:)

Mrs. Hall

Verdant Earl said...

Holly - and pray tell, just what did I look like in your mind's eye?

badgerdaddy said...

Well, this certainly is a milestone. Congratulations. It's been a fun read, so far. Here's to the next 500!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

I only became a follower recently, and this has shown me so much more about you than I might have ever wished to know...

I might not be back... Then again, I might - I'm a sucker for a Green-Man loving, grey haired, rude, beer drinker!

Great posting, Sir - And I found you via the bold Michelle's blog!

Avitable said...

Congratulations, even if you're wrong about Superman.

hello haha narf said...

thanks for all the links. i'll be back to dig through your older posts.

congrats on 500. and here is to 500 more! (raising my coffee mug to ya)

Michelle said...

Green man you know the first link i clicked on was the one with the photo of you!! COOL!!

I had no picture in my head as to what you looked like. Well, thats not true, I thought you were green!!!

Congrats on #500! That is a big milestone in the blogging world!!! Or is it? Be proud man!!!

Blog on!!!

Verdant Earl said...

badger - and you were pretty much there from the beginning. Masochist!

A Woman - Heya! Thanks for stopping by and, um, enjoying the ride. ;)

Avitable - the debate continues.

Becky - is there any bourbon in that mug? Too early? Damn!

Michelle - Amazing how so many missed that the first time around. Thanks!

Paticus said...

Congrats on 500 sir. And a big "harumph" to you!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

500?? I am appropriately humbled.
Congrats to you on a most excellent accomplishment.

Verdant Earl said...

Paticus - harumph backatcha.

Candy - yeah, I kicked it up a notch in 2008. Let's see where 2009 takes us.

Heff said...

Congrats.

For the life of me, I still don't understand the appeal of "Brooooce".

Faiqa said...

Congratulations, looking forward to the next 500.

Ookami Snow said...

Congratulations on 500 posts!

Verdant Earl said...

Heff - I didn't either. Until I went to that show. I'm still not a huge fan, but that show was amazing.

Faiqa - thanks!

Ookami - ditto!

limpy99 said...

I for one look forward to the next 378 posts. But not one more than that!

Slyde said...

ya know, you COULD have just linked to your original posts over at my site... i brought EVERYTHING over when i came to blogger.

p.s. i hate you.

Bruce Johnson said...

I recall the first one I ever read was your bizarre blog about the Scissor Man. I was sort of hooked after that. The right blend of history and down-right weirdness is hard to pass up. Been enjoying most of what followed since. Party on Verdunt Dude.

Anonymous said...

Persian Coward! You've always looked exactly as I pictured you. ;)

Worst 500th post ever!

Verdant Earl said...

Limpy - just for you, I'm gonna to 379!

Slyde - so did I. Big deal. p.s. - likewise.

Bruce - as I've enjoyed your take on things. Rock on!

WLC - You're fucking out!!!

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for your longevity. Entertaining as ever. Congratulations dude.

Verdant Earl said...

AK - Entertaining? Hardly. Better than a root canal though, I betcha. Thanks! ;)

Kate said...

Oy, I love that FART in the office story! I'm still wiping away the tears..
Hey congrats on all the blogging babbles.. Very entertaining stuff! You're fun.
:)

marty mankins said...

Many congrats on reaching 500 posts. Very cool milestone.

Verdant Earl said...

Kate - oh the shame!!! ;)

Marty - why thank you sir!

Lifeofkaylen said...

I like this post! For those of us who haven't been reading since the beginning, it's a great round-up that makes me want to continue reading! :)
Congrats on the 500th! That's a LOT!!!

Verdant Earl said...

Kaylen - Heya! And no...thank you! :)

savannah said...

days later....congratulations, sugar! glad i found ya'll! looking forward to another 500! xoxox

Verdant Earl said...

Savannah - aw shucks, ma'am. :)