Mar 30, 2009

Time is fleeting

Madness...takes its toll.

It's been a weird couple of weeks and I can't place my finger on the exact reason. I know about all the old adages about how time flies and all that crap, but it really seems to be speeding up lately. January flew into February which backed angrily into March and now it is almost April.

Yeah, I know. You all have calendars and what's my fucking point. I hear ya. I don't even know. I just don't recall a recent three month period that flew by as quickly as this past quarter (sorry...accountant lingo). It seems like I barely even lived it.

Tonight, there was a crazy thunderstorm here on Long Island. Crazy because we usually don't get 'em in late March or when it is only 44F outside. I had visions of Summer. And I'm not nearly ready for summer. Oh sure, my brain is ready for Summer. I hate the cold and all, but I look at the calendar and think that March 29th is way too early for a thunderstorm is all. And way too early for Summer.

I like a slow progression of the seasons. A nice Summer followed by a brisk Autumn followed by a (hopefully) mild Winter and then a comfortable Spring. I'm sure that is what we are gonna get. That's one of the bonuses of living in this area.

But today it just all seemed to be moving so fast.

___________________________________________________

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. All the introspective kids are doing it.

19 comments:

Avitable said...

I'm with you. I can't believe that April starts on Wednesday. It feels like it was just February.

Verdant Earl said...

Avitable - There are years when I wish it would just FF to June, but this has been a little ridiculous.

Michelle said...

It is scary how these past months just flew by us!

I mean sure I want summer just as much as the next gal, but still.....

Let's slow things down!!!

Happy Monday!

savannah said...

exactly! almost april...as in wtf, right? sigh xoxo

Slyde said...

that hailstorm last night was nuts.. it woke my son up. who's fucking idea was it to build a skylight in his damn room anyway?

Heff said...

the older you get, the quicker it goes.

J. Hi said...

Stop and smell the roses, Dude. :)

You are right it has flown by. Next thing you know the stores will be putting Christmas stuff out again.

Bruce Johnson said...

It ain't just you.....it seems that I roll out of bed at 5am, sip some coffee, look up at it is alreay 7:30pm. Something must be up with the space-time continum.

Verdant Earl said...

Michelle - I see I'm not the only one.

Savannah - I'm not ready for April!!!

Slyde - we missed out on the hail, but the thunder and lightening was something out of a Hollywood studio. Crazy storm. The cats were jumpy as hell.

Heff - I was trying to stay away from that, but yeah...you are probably right.

J. Hi - Aaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Bruce - aha! A reasonable answer to the riddle. It has to do with the space-time continuum. Well done, sir!

Elise said...

Time is flying by... Hopefully it will slow down by the time summer arrives. xx

Barlinnie said...

Aye pal. you're no wrang. It'll soon be fecking Christmas once again.

Where does the time go?

Kate said...

Snap out of it VD! You're thinking all old and stuff!

(Naturally, I am in the same fast flying funk... It's only really okay when working at the day job goes by fast..the rest, slow down!)

pure evyl said...

It's just old age catching up with your ass.

Verdant Earl said...

Elise - ahhh, summer!

Jimmy - I can't wait or Christmas! Just kidding.

Kate - VD is an unfortunate nickname I never thought of when changing the title of this blog. Hmmm.

Evyl - hey! An Evyl sighting!

jiggs said...

If I could slow down time like that heroes guy, I'd totally go into women's locker rooms.

Verdant Earl said...

Jiggs - That would be the first thing any real male would do with that power to stop time. Heroes fucked up on that one.

hello haha narf said...

fuck, i thought it was just me getting old and being too busy at work. thanks for letting me know i am not alone.

hello haha narf said...

p.s. LOVE that clock.

Verdant Earl said...

Becky - my pain is your pain. Or vice versa. Whatever.