Jul 2, 2008

Devil, thy name is...

...Haagen-Dazs!


Not the mint ice cream with the dark chocolate as pictured above, but vanilla ice cream with milk chocolate coating. Mmmm!!!

I've always said that I don't have a sweet tooth. I always will choose salty or savory over sweet. But damn if I haven't found myself with a Haagen-Dazs habit in the past few weeks. I'm doing an ice cream bar a day! What's wrong with me? I don't eat one all by myself, though. One of our cats loves them. She sits right next to me and gets her licks in. She doesn't like the chocolate, but the vanilla ice cream makes her nuts!

I generally watch people eat dessert and I don't get it. Wouldn't they rather have some more pasta or an extra burger? Why fill yourself up on the sweets? And the people who specifically DON'T eat something because they are saving room for dessert? What the hell? Live in the now, people! Or don't, frankly. I'll have that last piece of steak that you can't choke down because you want a slice of cheesecake. I'm down with that.

But now...ice cream bars. Let's see how long it lasts.

11 comments:

limpy99 said...

Ice cream rocks. I use it to fulfill my daily dairy requirement. Fruit too if I get strawberry.

I'm not real healthy.

Suzi Q said...

Haagen-Dazs is the best! I love the almond and chocolate covered bars... I've also been known to eat and entire pint of Strawberry Cheesecake in one sitting.

Kaye Waller said...

Omigawd, you're a soul mate! I'm not into sweets, either, but I love ice cream. And as long as Marble Slab keeps selling the sweet cream flavor, I'll never order any other.

Hey, don't Bogart that prime rib...

Verdant Earl said...

Limpy - Me too. I view potato chips as a veggie.

Paige - I'll stick with the classics. Vanilla and milk chocolate. Yum!

Steph - I went out to dinner last night and had a small cheese platter for dessert while everyone else had the sweet shit.

Bruce Johnson said...

I am with you Earl, never could figure this one out. More Food!, less sweet shit at the end. Although I found that the Reese Peanut Butter topping that harden when you put it over ice cream is really good.

white rabbit said...

I'm a savouries person too but will make an exception for vamilla lollies encased in whiite chocolate. Yummy!

Verdant Earl said...

WR - lollies = lollipops or do you just mean these ice cream pops?

elizabeth said...

mmmmm. Thanks. I was doing so well.

RW said...

I am entering my sixth month of no candies, cookies, cakes or ice creams AT ALL and I've only killed three people so far.

Seals said...

We have a damn girls softball field behind our house.

They've been having games every night the past month, and the damn ice cream man pulls up right in front of my house and taunts me.

I'm down to about two ice cream bars a week, but it's tough not to go out there. Bastards.

Verdant Earl said...

Liz - I do what I do. ;)

RW - I could go six months without any of those things, really. But you'd better get the body bags ready if I have to cut out bread, pasta, beer, whisk(e)y or potato chips. I like my carbs.

ajooja - If not for the ice cream, then for the girl's softball players. Did I come across as a dirty old man there? I was thinking of Jennie Finch, not 12 year olds. OK?